Every day, a new AI tool is developed. Each new artificial intelligence tool developed poses a risk to jobs.
One such job is copywriting. With the ever-increasing demand for copywriting services, the number of AI writing tools has been skyrocketing every year. The writing bots, chatbots and natural language processing of artificial copywriting tools have changed the copywriting industry.
Due to this, one question arises, will AI replace copywriters?
This blog post will look into all the possibilities of AI replacing copywriters and the advantages and disadvantages of using AI copywriting tools.
Let’s get started.
What Is AI And How Does It Work?
Artificial intelligence (ai) is a method of programming computers to replicate human cognitive abilities such as solving problems and learning.
In copywriting, AI can be used to write text by understanding what the writer is trying to achieve. It will use that information to generate suitable words and phrases.
For instance, if you want to create a blog post, the AI will analyze the keyword, create a heading, and outline to help you create high-quality content faster.
With an AI writing tool, you can write different marketing copy such as email newsletters, blog posts, landing page text, etc.
How Can AI Be Used In Copywriting?
Copywriting involves writing texts that convert readers into customers or clients. With technological advancement, AI has improved over the years and can now comprehend and write precise and convincing text.
This could be a game changer in copywriting.
As the AI copywriting tools improve, companies will start to scale down their human copywriters. Instead, they generate marketing materials with AI-powered software and use human writers to edit and check the facts.
Why should you use AI to write marketing copy?
There are several advantages of using ai to generate your marketing copy. They include:
- Efficiency: on average, an experienced writer can write a 1000-word article in less than 3 hrs. Using AI, companies can reduce this time to less than 10 minutes.
- Cheap: The average salary of a human copywriter is $54000 a year. Using several ai copywriting software with free plans helps cut costs.
- Persuasive: Some research studies have proven the likelihood of being convinced by the messages written by AI.
Why AI will not replace copywriters
Although AI copywriting tools are good. They have several disadvantages which make it hard for them to replace copywriters. Here are some of the disadvantages.
- Incorrect information: AI writing tools are not 100% accurate. This can be demonstrated by the fact that they report inaccurate information, especially data.
- Lack of creativity: most AI writing tools have a template to follow. You give it instructions, and it writes marketing copy using templates. The AI generated copy can be sloppy and lack the personal touch associated with human written content.
- Uncertainty: AI is not perfect, and there is always the possibility of making mistakes.
What should be done before AI can replace human copywriters?
As AI writing tools will reduce the time spent writing copy as well as the cost of copywriting, everyone is looking forward to the day they’ll be able to fire all their copywriting department.
For that to be achieved, a number of things must be resolved. They include:
- Improving the accuracy of information
- Creativity and personal touch have to be dealt with
- Fact-checking should be enhanced.
Only after these issues are resolved will AI be able to fully take over human copywriters. In the meantime, they’ll continue to work in tandem.
What Are The Best AI Content Creation Tools On The Market?
There are several ai powered content creation tools for copywriting. Depending on the type of copy( blog posts, emails, social media posts, ad copy), you can choose from the following:
- Scalenut – read our Scalenut review
- Bramework -read our Bramework review
- Jasper – read our jasper review here
You must research and read reviews to choose the best AI copywriting software that meets your needs. This will assist you in finding an AI tool that is suited to your requirements.
Will Copywriters be In Demand In 2023?
Why not? Copywriters will be in demand in 2023 and in years to come.
Although AI writing software has advanced, human writers will still create marketing copy. The main reason is, AI copywriting tools are unable to write original content with a personal touch.
However, AI will play an important role in the copywriting, but not completely replace human copywriters. That means that copywriters will continue to be needed in the coming years.
The Future Of The Copywriting Industry
Copywriting is an art form in and of itself. Observing how AI will impact the industry in the coming years will be fascinating. At present, we have to wait and see. However, one thing is certain: AI is here to remain. It’s going to improve over time.
At the moment, AI will stand side by side with human copywriters. However, as it develops, it is possible that AI could eventually completely replace them. It is only time to see how this will affect the market.
Will AI Replace Copywriters?
While AI is a possibility to substitute human copywriters for a while, some problems need to be overcome before this can be achieved.
The challenges are the accuracy, persuasiveness of AI-generated content, and lack of imagination and personal touch typically found in human-written copy.
Only after these issues are addressed can AI can take over human copywriters. For the moment, copywriters will be needed. However, the demand for copywriters could alter as AI develops and improves. It’s only time to find out.
Next: explore the Best AI-Powered Writing Software